ENG Electric "home" pageContact ENG, company details and picturesSafety Agency documentsCustomers check order/shipment status

"Linear" wall-mount adapters
"Linear" desk-top adapters
Switching wall-mount & desk-top
Small power transformers
Coils, filters, inductors, and converters

Download ENG catalogs (pdfs) Text based site navigation map

Request-for-Quote form "Help"


Type of unit:
- A wall-mount unit is a "direct" plug-in and goes directly to the wall or other power outlet. A desk-top does not go directly to the wall outlet but rather "indirectly" by way of an input power cord.
- Linear adapters are the least expensive, heavier, unregulated is standard. Switching adapters are "electronic" and allow for lighter design and universal inputs, automatically have regulated outputs...but are more expensive. If you would like to leave our switching section, please visit the linear wall-mount page or linear desk-top page.

Desk-Top section:
This option needs be selected only if you are looking for a desk-top supply as the options listed do not apply to wall-mount units.
- Inlet Receptacle. This is the inlet on the power-in side of the power supply. It will mate with a power input cord that will then plug into the wall or other power receptacle.

C6 C8 C14

- Quote on the input cord? Check the "yes" box and ENG to provide you a quote on the cord with the power supply...or "no" if you want the power supply only quoted (you will supply the required power cord). Please note that if we are to quote the input cord, you will need to advise on the "input prongs" needed in the following section.
- Input Cord. Please select the input cord length needed. Of course, if you do not need us to quote on the input cord, you do not need to fill out the required length.

Input Prongs:
Please enter the type of input prongs that you desire for this unit. This will be the side supplying the unit with power (input). Go to the Input Prong page.

Input Rating:
Please enter the required AC input voltage (VAC) and frequency (Hz) for the adapter. This is the input rating of the adapter. For example, in the U.S.A. the input rating is 120Volts 60Hz. Most of our switching supplies have a universal input of 90 to 256 Volts 50/60Hz.

DC is the default as a switcher automatically has DC output. AC = alternating current and DC = direct current.

Output Voltage:
Enter the output voltage needed to power the device that you will plug this adapter into.

Output Current:
Enter the current in either mA (milliAmps) or A (Amps). This will be the current needed to power the device that you will plug our adapter into.

Output Regulation:
Switching power supplies by default are regulated units. Regulation controls the output (does not allow it to change greatly) when the input voltage and/or load current are varied. The output can only be regulated if it is DC. Most applications do not require regulation. If you are not sure, choose un-regulated. Regulation adds significant cost. Again, regulation is automatically included for a switching power supply.

Output Cord:
Enter the length of the cord needed to go from our supply to the device you need to power. Standard is 6 feet long.

Output Plug/Length/Polarity:
- At the end of the above mentioned power cord, there will be a plug that will mate with the device you are powering. Enter the type of output plug needed to mate with the device our adapter will power. For a complete list of our available plugs click here. In addition, you can select no plug options of "stripped and tinned", or "blunt cut" ends of the output cord.
- The length of the output plug can typically be between 9 and 14mm.
- As switchers are DC by default, we also need to know the polarity of your selected output plug...the center or tip can be either positive or negative. Polarity is not an issue for AC output devices.

Ambient Temperature:
The still-air temperature of the environment in which the adapter/transformer is operating. e.g., "room temperature", which is standard.

Safety Agency Approvals:
- See our Safety Agency page for complete details on many world-wide agencies. For most North American applications, UL and cUL will suffice. See the above page as well as our cUL page for more details on cUL which is the equal of CSA. There are also pages on CSA and on the new UL logos.
- The drop down box for this field gives the most common options, but as mentioned, the above pages give additional information and specific agency contact information should you be unsure of what you need.

Quote Quantities and FOB Point:
- On catalog units we can quote as low as 250 pieces, and for custom this usually goes to 1k pieces (however approval charges and such may make this go higher).
- The FOB Point is the location from which the customer takes possession of the goods and from which point they cover all freight, duty, and other charges. For instance an FOB Point of Chicago, IL would mean that ENG would have taken care of all freight and duty charges getting the parts to this point. The customer would only have to "truck" the parts from Chicago to their location. Even in this case, ENG will advise the trucker to pick up and deliver the parts to your location on your account.


© 2012 ENG Electric Company. All rights reserved.
Commercial use of images, forms, & data on this site is not permitted.